What is plantar fasciitis?
The underside of the foot is called the plantar region. It is the biggest tendon in the human body. Plantar fasciitis is a common inflammation of tendon extending underneath the sole, also called as the plantar Fascia that joins at the heel. An inflammation of thick band tissue that joins the heel to the bones.
The exercises are as follows:
These exercises are recommended by our in house orthotist to relieve the strain stiffness in the plantar fascia region.
- Calf stretch
- Stand in front of the wall with an arms distance.
- Put both arms on the wall
- Put left leg forward and try to move the wall
- Do this repeatedly for 30 seconds.
- Now do the same action with your right leg
- Rolling stretch
- Sit on one chair with your back straight. Calm yourself by counting 1 to 5 and gently rest your feet on the floor
- Place your foot on top of a foam roller, ice-cold can or bottle.
- Roll the bottom of your feet in the back and forth position.
- Toe Curls
- Sit on one chair with straight. Calm yourself by counting 1 to 5 and gently rest your feet on the floor
- Place a hand towel with a small side to oneself and put both the toes on the towel.
- Pull the towel towards yourself with your toes, forming curls to the towel under your feet